Staging Properties for Sale
What is Staging?
When you are selling your Summit County property, one of the best things you can do is stage it so future buyers can see the potential of each space in the home or condo. Staging is simply furnishing a condo or home with furniture and accessories.
Professional Home Stagers
There are professional companies in Summit County that will come and bring furniture into a home that can be rented. They can supply everything from area rugs to pillows for the sofa, comforters for the bed, and art for the walls. They will come into your property and take care of it all. They can furnish an entire condo, or only furnish keys rooms in the house to give the best first impression, such as the family room and dining room areas. Staging the master bedroom can be another key room for buyers to envision the potential of a space.
Staging Already Furnished Properties
Home staging can be simple for those that are selling a property already furnished, but here are a few tips that you may not have considered.
- New Artwork and Accessories – when staging an already furnished place, think new and fresh. Your current artwork decked out with thick gold frames may have been the rage in the 80’s, but buyers in Summit County are looking for that mountain modern look, or at least a look that brings them into the 21st century.
You can find nice new artwork online at many stores such as Wayfair.com, Overstock.com, and Bed Bath and Beyond (which is also in Dillon if you want to see and purchase in person). Pier1 and a Denver, Colorado local store, American Furniture Warehouse, offer some nice options for staging your home as well.
- New Comforters – this can be as simple as purchasing inexpensive white duvet covers for each bed. Add some crisp white pillows and cases and your home staging looks effortless. Buyers like this Ritz Carlton look, but you can also consider some luscious warm comforters as well. Be sure your room looks cohesive so your staging efforts don’t look forced.
- Declutter – if you property is a rental property, you probably don’t have too many knick knacks around. That’s good. Staging should include making a property look bigger and neat. If closets are full of all your favorite seasonal clothes, consider packing up the clothes that are out of season and storing. If you’ll be moving soon, this will save you some steps in the future.
- Ski Accessories – given our amazing location amidst multiple ski resorts, consider adding a few ski touches to help second home owners really feel a connection with their potential new home and the area and lifestyle it will afford them. Small items such as a coat rack near an entry or a ski rack for the foyer can be relatively inexpensive and provide that extra convenience. In the garage ski racks for the walls, a storage bench to sit on to take off boots, or boot warmers are also a nice touch.
- Furniture – Although a bigger expense, it can be well worth it to replace those sagging sofas. In properties that are being sold furnished, out of state buyers will really appreciate knowing they won’t have to buy new furniture once they close on a property. This one thing alone can put you ahead of the competition.
Ski Colorado Professional Help
Laura with Ski Colorado Real Estate has helped multiple owners in Summit County stage and upgrade their spaces to earn a faster sale and to help showcase their new condo or home for maximum vacation rental potential. Contact Laura today to see how her services can either assist you in selling your home, or how to upgrade your space with ease.
Before and After Photos
Guest Bedroom Before
Family Room Before
Guest Bedroom After
Family Room After